Payment and Registration
- We accept all major credit and debit cards. You must register and pay for your classes online through the schedule page.
- Payment must be received in full in order to reserve your spot in the class.
- You must be registered prior to the start of the course. For safety reasons we do not allow students to drop in to a course that has already began.
- We will provide all participants with our liability waiver on the first day of class.
- Prior to participation, all students must read, agree to, and sign our Liability Waiver.
- Prior to any participation, any student under eighteen years of age must have a parent/guardian read, agree to, and sign our Liability Waiver on behalf of and for the student.
- We accept children ages 9-17 into our Youth Classes. It is helpful if the student has some kind of background in gymnastics or dance however it is not required. They must be structured and used to operating in a class setting. Youth classes run September-May.
- We accept students ages 18 and up into our adult classes. Some exceptions can be made for students between the ages of 16-18 if agreed upon by the studio and the parent.
- Any student under 18 must have a parent/guardian read, agree to, and sign our Liability Wavier on behalf of the student before the start of their first class with us.
Cancellations and Make-ups
- We have a No Refund Policy for missed classes. We do allow students to make up 2 missed classes per 6 week session. Please try to avoid make up classes when possible as they will interfere with your set curriculum.
- Make-ups are done through either open practice time or dropping into another class time in your current level or lower. Make up classes must be scheduled before the end of the six-week session.
- Make-up class requests can be submitted here.
- Ascend reserves the right to cancel any course with insufficient enrollment. The schedule and teachers are subject to change. If a class time is cancelled by Ascend you will have a choice to reschedule or receive a full refund.
- Private lesson students must give 48 hours notice for cancellation in order to avoid being charged for the lesson.
Please arrive on time for class. Late students are required to warm up on their own and then join class without disruption. If a student is more than 15 minutes late they will not be able to participate in the class for safety reasons and will need to schedule a make up class or forfeit payment for that class. Students that are unable to participate in class are welcome to observe the class and take notes.
Drop In Policy
- Ascend does not allow drop ins for courses for any other reason than to make up a missed class. New students may take the Introduction to Aerials Workshop as a trial class if they are unsure about committing to a course.
Skill Requirements for Aerials
- The Introduction to Aerials Workshop and level 1 courses have no prerequisites. If you are a new student and a beginner to aerials you should sign up for one of these classes. We welcome everyone willing to learn.
- All courses Level 2 and above have specific prerequisites and require instructor permission to sign up. This is to ensure the safety of our students and to allow us to keep track of your progress.
- If you have previous aerial experience from elsewhere or are just unsure of what to sign up for please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best fit for you.
What to wear
- Please wear fitted, workout clothes that allow free movement. Yoga pants or leggings are best. You will want fabric covering the backs of your knees and your waist to avoid fabric burns. Layered shirts that can be tucked in or leotards are recommended.
- NO zippers, buttons, snaps, or anything that could damage equipment.
- All jewelry must be removed before class.
- Please “like” our Facebook page and sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on current promotions and discounts.
- Please be respectful of others and the equipment when in the studio.
- It is very important to us to provide a supportive atmosphere to all students. If any negative behavior towards another student is observed you will be asked to leave. The same applies if you are disruptive to the class.
- Only participating students are allowed in the active area during class time.
- All students must immediately listen to an instructors request if asked to come down from the equipment for any reason.
- If you come to class under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will be asked to leave the studio without a refund. If it occurs more than once, you will be permanently banned from the studio.
- Children under 13 who are NOT participating in class must be accompanied by an adult.
Student Practice Policies
- There will be an instructor at every Student Practice who is there to supervise only. While there will be no new instruction given, there will always be someone available to help you if you should need it.
- You must be currently enrolled in a Course with us in order to sign up for Student Practice.
- You will have use of the facility and equipment but are not guaranteed a specific apparatus. Please be courteous to those around you and share time on the different equipment. This should be communicated between the students and should not involve the instructor on duty.
- Students may only practice the moves that have been taught to them in class by an instructor.
- Students should not teach each other new moves but are encouraged to help each other out with tips and spotting.
- Please be smart and be safe. Practice new moves from the mat and close to the ground. As you get more comfortable with specific tricks work on taking them up higher.
- You must be a level 3 or above student in order to practice any drops or rolls during Student Practice. Students with permission must announce that they are about to drop before performing the drop.