So, you’re curious about Aerial Yoga, but not sure it’s right for you? This new style of yoga has been sweeping the country, attracting those who are curious about Aerial Arts and want to give Aerial Yoga a try.
What makes it a perfect fit for everybody?
Benefits of Aerial Yoga:
- The aerial hammock is used to facilitate alignment often hard to get in a yoga class.
- The aerial hammock creates both instability and buoyancy which creates long, lean, flexible muscle.
- Deeper stretches are created.
- The workouts are full-body and functional, making your workouts support your other activities.
- The joints are supported while the daily compression of gravity and sitting is eased away.
- The workout is deep, but also relaxes the mind.
- The body becomes more oxygenated for greater energy, more restful sleep, and better circulation.
- There is no need to climb an aerial silk or do pull ups! It is a great way to introduce yourself to other Aerial Arts.
So, what can you expect from your first Aerial Yoga class at Ascend Flow Arts?
- When you arrive, grab a hammock, unroll your mat under the set of hammock hooks you want, and clip in so the hammock rests at hip height. (An instructor will help you!)
- All classes start and end with an opening meditation, while seated inside the gently swinging seat.
- We warm up with small movements that mobilize the spine, shoulders, and hips.
- The class progresses to a fluid movement sequence and then standing poses
- Core work and backbends are also included!
- Strength conditioning and optional inversions end the hard work. These inversions are fully weightless and create no compression in the head or neck, which give luxurious traction to the spine!
- We cool down and end by resting, fully cocooned in the hammock with a guided relaxation.
Aerial yoga is a 6 week course held Wednesday nights. Our next course begins January 25th. Ready to feel lighter and more fit in the new year? Come fly with us! Contact email@example.com